Our Home Away from Home!

Our Home Away from Home!

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Time to Return to Hardin Ridge for the Big Surprise....

Ok I'll start out right where I left off yesterday on the road coming around the curve.  Now I have to write why I was so excited to see this. You have to understand we were at Hardin Ridge for 2 1/2 months and they eluded me all the time. We go back yesterday and just happen to be in the right place at the right time. We go around the curve and we think it is.

                                                                  Turkeys!!!
I can't believe Art didn't scare them as he yelled "turkeys, turkeys, turkeys." The reason he yelled at me is because I was looking out the window at something else.  Really funny now! :))



He drove a little slower and I was able to get the camera completely out the window and start snapping pictures.  There was 6 of them, all hens.  Ah.... I was in heaven.
I couldn't believe they just stood there. I guess they were surprised there was a car in the park.
Then they just mosied off into the woods. Can you see them now? Hard isn't it? They just blend right into the woods. There are 3 in this pictures. 

I love turkeys can you tell?  When were went to the Covered Bridge Festival in Rockville,  the first of  Oct we wanted to get a new license plate for the front of our truck.  We had one but it was from when our girls were little and it didn't fit our live style any longer.  
It was between this and a big deer.  The kids all voted for this and it was my favorite too.  So if you ever see a truck driving around with this license plate you know it is us.  Say hi! :)

Another thing that Hardin Ridge has that I just love are the trails. I just love walking them, riding on them. But I especially like it when you get back into the forest and you are all by yourself with nature.  Here is another then and now picture.
This is not the exact same location as the above photo but you see how it has significantly changed.
This little squirrel was sitting across the road from where the other one was in yesterday's post. There was just one little difference though......
" What you didn't know squirrels get a little chunky too?  All those summer picnics and baby weight....I'll never be able to squeeze back into my tree hole." 
Well with the leaves all off the trees I didn't need to go down to the beach to get a good sunset. Art and I were walking and I just said we should hurry down to the beach area to get a sunset picture. Then  I looked up and there it was all beautiful right from where we were standing.
Almost need sunglasses for this one.
Today is Cooper's 7 th birthday. So Happy Birthday Cooper may you be with us for many many more years to come. You sure add a lot of entertainment to our lives.


I hardly had time to get this photo before he burned his little nose. He sure loves his Little Caesars.
We hope you all have enjoyed our little spin around memory lane at Hardin Ridge. Before you know it spring will be here and we will be back. Until next time....

8 comments:

  1. Not a plane, not Superman, but a bird! Gobble, gobble! It took me a minute to find all three in that shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I feel honored that it took "even" you a minute to find them. I took the picture and I even had a hard time...

      Delete
  2. Neat pictures Tammy, I love to go out and sit in the woods to, glad to see you guys are enjoying yourselves so much.

    Steve Lingle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, wow it was so great to hear from you. Glad you found your way onto the blog. You guys take care.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Cooper and many, many more from Willy, Gretchen, and Harley (The Traveling Longdogs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooper sends a thank you to Willy, Gretchen and Harley. That was sweet of them to wish him a Happy Birthday! Thanks.

      Delete
  4. When it was all farmland around us we would wake up to turkeys in the backyard all the time, now houses are growing back there. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. That seems to be happening to wildlife all over this country, getting pushed out of their domain so homes and communities can go up. Hopefully your turkeys found a safe place to get to.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them, they make me feel
like I get to know each of you personally. Please keep them coming.......