Our Home Away from Home!

Our Home Away from Home!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Working on Our Future Home....

Our ice is all gone, the sun was so warm today, and it felt "good!"  I have good news, I am all finished with the wedding flowers and decorations.  The problem with doing it so far ahead is storing it.  I covered the bouquets and they are safe, the boutonnieres and corsages are in their plastic corsage boxes and they are safely packed away.  The bows, that is another story. You can't store them in boxes or they become squished. So I attached them to hangers with floral wire and then covered them with trash bags, see....



Now that the wedding responsibilities are over (except addressing invitations) I am focusing on the camper.  One thing I wanted to do was redo our lights we hang up on our awning. We looked and looked for new ones when we bought the trailer but I couldn't find anything I liked so I did the next best thing and made my own; all except the light bulbs.  I had strung the bears and the pine cones on a flower string I had bought and removed the flowers but was never happy with it because it didn't look like pine needles. I looked at the craft stores but was not paying $50 for a string of fake pine. So I waited until Christmas and bought garland. Here is when I started...



And this is the finished product. You see I love anything pine,  the cones,  the trees, the smell.  And we have some little black bears that we put in the camper for decorations. The girls bought me these bears, they were a light string but the bears are so dark they didn't show up so they said I could cut it up and use them this way if I wanted. And it turned out really cute.



One of the things I wasn't sure about in the trailer was what I was going to do for a spice rack. I use spices all the time and I didn't want to hang anything up or just stack them in the cabinet, as you can't find them that way. Art's sub at the post office gave him a gift card when he retired to a kitchen store, and we went up there Saturday to check it out. I'm glad we did as we found this neat spice rack you put in a drawer....

I was also lining shelves and drawers with the non slip lining and my back started to hurt so I turned on the fireplace and put my feet up and rested a bit. It sure was cozy!!

Then I looked out the back and saw this big round orange sun going down.....

I wanted to know if others are having problems getting the photos on your blog where you want them since blogger changed how we load them. They don't automatically go in the center, and when I move them they go where they want. Frustrating!!! We are under a Winter Storm Watch for Tuesday....funny isn't it?? Oh well this too shall pass. Best wishes from us to you.
See what I mean this picture was supposed to be above the writing, and when I previewed the blog, it  went below. Anyone have any suggestions or help. Thanks in advance.

18 comments:

  1. You are so clever - love the pine cone decorations, and also the spice rack. Once in a blue moon I come up with a decent idea, but most of the time I just wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gypsy, oh I'm sure you are way more clever than you think you are. I just sit and think and sometimes things just come to me.

      Delete
  2. Oh how cute that string of lights is! I'll bet it feels good to get almost all the wedding decs done too. Cool find on the spice rack. I do have mine in those plastic baskets on a shelf & yes, have to sift through them when I want certain spices. I pretty much know which are wich & where though, but have to use my little step stool to reach them ;-)
    We'll be dropping back into the 30's for a few nights as that front passes through here too. Love my little space heater, it does a great job. Along with my electric blanket. Your fireplace is really neat though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cyn, it does feel good! And yes, it does, like a load of bricks off my shoulders. I know how that is my spices in the house are lined up in the cabinet and I have to dig to find them. Didn't want to do that in the RV. Thank you I love the fireplace. It kept the trailer warm after the furnace heated it up first. It never did kick back on, and that saves propane and $$$.

      Delete
  3. I love your lights, but I never put any up. I am so paranoid about the wind catching the awning and destroying it that we never leave it down if we are working or away from the trailer. Plus I would need a ladder to reach it!! I am missing my "home", I have never been this far away from it since we got it! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. Oh believe me we have run out and pulled them off and then put the awning up in a hurry. And we never leave it out when we are gone either. Art is 6'6" so I don't have to do much reaching. He pulls the awning down and locks it in place, I can't do that.
      Your "home" will be back safe and sound soon, and like brand new. Hang in there!!!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, Tammy ... is the fireplace in your RV? get down!

    love your sunset picture... and I haven't had a picture problem ... sometimes I have the cursor in the wrong place and didn't realize it ... When you do a Preview? and the text shows underneath?

    I've had this happen and I just 'cut' the text then put it under the picture... have you tried that? sometimes just going into the HTML side and cutting and pasting from there works better... you can see the end of the picture code...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, yes that is the fireplace in the RV. Thank you, I just happen to look out and saw that big orange ball going down and grabbed the camera.

      I don't know what I am doing because I have never had trouble before. And yes I go into the HTML and see where the text and photo are before downloading another one. Oh I will work it out, just frustrating right now, probably because of all the tension, you know a wedding coming up and moving and all, nothing big. :)

      Delete
  5. From the weather maps I've see, the storm will dump 5-7 inches along a line bordered by I-70, south of that it will be less 3-4 inches, Hope you guys are in the less zone looks like we are close to the edge but still in the heavier zone. Hope you guys are lucky. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far according to the news we are going to be in the less zone. But they said we have a change of snow showers for the next several days, oh they are so funny! Maybe you will be lucky too and not get as much as they say.

      Delete
  6. The snow is going to hit here this afternoon and they say we could get a foot of the stuff..This has been a long winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no a foot! You are right this has been a very long winter. I guess that will make us appreciate Spring more. Good luck with all that white stuff.

      Delete
  7. What a relief to have wedding responsibilities done. You can relax and enjoy time with your daughter before the big day.

    Your string of lights is so pretty. I love the bears... like Karen and Al, we don't hang lights either, but I am always admiring others. I do have lots of lanters and the battery powered candles I leave out on the tables and patio. My solution for the next best thing!

    About pictures, it is frustrating. I have found I can slide them up and down sometimes. Sometimes I remove the picture, move the cursor down, and it works.....

    Hope your winter storm passes on by. Have a great week! Oh.....I like the spice rack....will keep my eyes open for one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a huge relief. Thank you I am pretty happy with how they turned out. They can be a pain if we have to take them down because of weather but I love them up so much we put up with it.
      I had never seen a spice rack for a drawer before, and was so happy to have solved that issue. Good to hear from you again, feeling better I hope.

      Delete
  8. I love the bear/pine cone string of lights! You are so clever. I wish I had the creative gene that you and some of my other followers have.

    I keep all my spices in a little cardboard suitcase that I got at Michaels. I have only a couple of drawers in the kitchen. Your new spice rack looks like a great idea. Very handy.

    Love your living room. I sure do miss a fireplace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I know I inherited mine. My grandma was so talented could do anything. I love messing around with stuff like this, although it takes a lot of patience at times.
      We are lucky to have all the drawer space we do, the last rv didn't have half this much.
      Thank you. We really wanted a fireplace and fortunately this one had one. It really heats up the rv and I love to sit and watch it.

      Delete
  9. You have been working so hard getting things ready. Love the pine needle garland with the lights.
    I'm in Ottawa now at my daughter and I'm trying to get caught up on blogs.

    I'm having problem with my header photo that I can't post full size anymore and I didn't even tried to fix it or change it. It's low on my list of priority.

    We are expecting a snow storm in Ottawa on Wednesday. My daughter is waiting for her baby to be born and is getting very uncomfortable.

    Have a good week,
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia. I thought you were gone, I remember the picture of your daughter. Oh so exciting another grand baby! You just can't seem to get away from snow can you? Anxious to hear the news with the big day arrives.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them, they make me feel
like I get to know each of you personally. Please keep them coming.......